“IC PRECISEAL” is single component, polymer modified, elastomeric waterproofing
coating for concrete and masonry surfaces. It is a single component and only water
is to be added during mixing at site. The product can withstand water impermeability
against hydrostatic pressure to counter positive as well as negative side water
The product can be easily applied by brushing or by spray equipment for larger
areas. It has a very high tensile adhesion strength, crack bridging capability and
is UV resistant. It can be applied both on the exterior and interior surfaces.
“IC PRECISEAL” complies with the guideline given in EN 14891, ASTM D5385,
EN 1348 and DIN 1048.
Features and Benefits
- “IC PRECISEAL” being Single component,
does not require mixing of two or more components at site, thus ensuring
accuracy and proper quality. Only water is to be added before use at site
and mixing can be done manually or mechanically with stirrer, resulting
in considerable saving of time and labor.
- Waterproofing coating system for new and
- Forms flexible and washable membrane.
The membrane coating is breathable, which allows water vapour to escape,
diffusing the pressure buildup.
- Highly effective for Positive & Negative
sides of hydrostatic pressure
- Positive side water Impermeability : 5-7 Bar
- Negative side water impermeability: 1.5 Bar
- Effectively seals all existing cracks in the surface.
Crack Bridging Capability : 1.5mm.
- Good resistance against UV and Infrared Rays.
- Strong adhesion with all Cementitious surfaces,
Non-Toxic, hence suitable for all types of water retaining structures.
- No additional dead load on the structure
- The surface is ready for any subsequent application
within 48 Hrs.
- Environment friendly coating, no VOC, improving the
LEED score of the structure.
Areas of Application
- Terrace Water proofing.
- Sloping Roofs and Chajjas.
- Plastered masonry, External walls.
- Overhead and underground water tanks.
- Swimming pools.
- Toilets & Bathrooms.
- Canals & dams etc.
Method Of Application
- All loosely adhering materials and dust is to be
removed from the surface using a wire brush and potable clean water.
- Entire area should be pre-wetted thoroughly with
potable water. Allow excess water to drain ensuring that there is no free standing or
pooled water on surface just before application of “IC PRECISEAL”.
- Efflorescence, if visible must be treated carefully
prior to application.
- In case of dry and absorbent substrates, the surface
should be moistened with potable water.
- Concrete, screeds, block work should be sufficiently
cured to avoid shrinkage cracks.
- Ensure that all existing cracks are properly treated
with polymer modified mortar prior to the application of “IC PRECISEAL”.
- Cracks if any should be opened up in the “V” shape and
repaired with thick slurry of “IC PRECISEAL” or polymer modified mortar prior to coating the
entire area prior to the application of “IC PRECISEAL”.
- Proper and thorough mixing of the “IC PRECISEAL” is
very important for optimum results. It is advisable to use mechanical stirrer for uniform
and thorough mixing and to save time and labor.
- Mix “IC PRECISEAL” with 36-40% of potable water slowly
to make homogenous slurry.
- Take one third water in a bucket and add “IC PRECISEAL”
into it. Prepare a lump free slurry by mixing homogeneously adding the rest of the water.
- Let the slurry stand for 3~5 minutes and stir again
to ensure best possible dispersion of polymers.
- “IC PRECISEAL” can be applied to the surface very
conveniently with brush, roller or airless spray systems.
- After application of 1st coat, allow a gap of minimum
2 hours, before the subsequent coat. Average thickness of the coats should not be more than
0.6-0.8 mm per coat. Subsequent coats must be applied in perpendicular direction to the first
- “IC PRECISEAL” can be applied by spray machine also.
For large areas use of spray machine is recommended for better speed and economy.
- It is very important to apply “IC PRECISEAL” in a
uniform thickness, which enables the product to withstand the requisite hydrostatic
pressure. Quantity of material required can be calculated by referring to the coverage.
Ensure that the calculated quantity of material is applied on the surface for best results.
- Coverage of the product depends on the surface
condition, its roughness and absorption. Smooth surfaces yield more coverage as
compared to rough and irregular surfaces.
- Typically, “IC PRECISEAL” will cover 10-12 square
feet per kg in two coats when mixed with 40% water under test condition.
Precautions during Usage
- Avoid application of “IC PRECISEAL” in extreme climatic
conditions under direct sunlight with very high ambient temperatures. Best is to apply early
in the morning or late in the evening during such conditions.
- This is to ensure that the water which is used for
mixing does not evaporate fast and the product is able to develop the design properties.
- In case of U/G tanks, O/H tanks or basement, it is
quite possible that drying time may increase more than 2 hours. In such cases, ensure
that first coat is dried properly before the application of the second coat.
- It is advised to use brush with soft bristles and
after the application the brush should be cleaned properly.
- Hard/salty water is not recommended to be mixed with
“IC PRECISEAL” which may deteriorate the performance of coating.
- Remove excess material on tools and site immediately
as once hardened, “IC PRECISEAL” is very difficult to dislodge.
- Though “IC PRECISEAL” contains no Toxic material,
care should be taken to avoid dust inhalation while mixing and handling. In case of
contact with eyes or face, wash with plenty of clean water. Persons who are allergic
to cement should take proper precautions before use
IC PRECISEAL” is available in 25 kg packaging.
Storage & Shelf Life
Store in a cool and dry place. Ensure that the bags does not burst
or tear while handling. There should be a gap of 0.5 m from the walls
to the stacks.
“IC PRECISEAL” will remain usable for a period of six months (6 Months)
from date of manufacture when stored as per standard recommended conditions.